Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Menu 4/29

Calories consumed - 1,891
Calories burned - 1,003

Meal 1 - 1/2 cup of egg beaters, cheese and turkey. 2 pieces of raisin EZ bread. Metabolic reset protein shake with fresh pineapple and frozen strawberries.

Meal 2 - 1 EZ muffin with honey roasted peanut butter.

Meal 3 - 1 piece of EZ bread with turkey and cheese. Yogurt with fresh blackberries and flaxseeds

Meal 4 - 1/2 of Veggie garden sandwich with fruit and 1 cup of Chicken chili from Jason's deli

Meal 5 - 1 Joseph's flax pita with peanut butter

3 comments:

  1. I was hoping to get your opinion on something...you obviously burn a ton of calories with all the physical activity you do, so it is smart that you also eat a higer amount of calories.

    My question is I am about 6' tall and feel like I am eating too much when I eat around 1800 because I generally only burn between 400 and at most 1000. Are you eating for weight loss or more for maintenance?

    TIA :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am eating for weight loss and I actually need to start eating more because I am not eating enough for the calories that I burn. I log my foods on a site called myfooddiary.com and it tells me if I am eating enough or not......most days as of late, it is telling me to eat MUCH more believe it or not!

    It all depends on how active you are. If you are burning around 400 - 1000, 1800 sounds ok, but it all depends on your age, weight and so on. You can find a great calculator online at -

    http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/harris-benedict-equation/

    You need to find out what your BMR is and then you can calculate your daily needs to make sure you are eating enough for weight loss or whatever your goals may be. It is advised never to go above a 1,000 caloric deficit each day because if you are eating too little your body will hold on to the weight.

    Also check out myfooddiary.com - I love that site!!

    Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jen,

    Here's a question for you. With the other free tracking sites out there, like SparkPeople and fitday, what is it about myfooddiary.com that you like so much? I really need to get better about tracking my intake, and I am thinking about signing up.

    Thanks for your advice! :)

    ReplyDelete